Washington, DC | Direct Placement
- Full time 5 days per week, non-exempt position
- Great attitude
- Works well in a team environment
- Dependable and reliable
- Very punctual, always arrive on time
- Pleasant and diligent
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel a must. Elite or other law firm accounting software experience required.
- Experience with report writing / SQL queries. Payroll software experience required.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Manages the payroll process to include computation of required and voluntary deductions, timesheets, maintenance of payroll records and reports.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Assures that wages, salaries, and deductions are paid in accordance with established policies.
- Provides assistance with annual budget process.
- Completes daily bank reconciliations.
- Updates and assists with compiling survey data.
- Works with payroll company to create and distribute year-end W-2 and 1095-C tax forms.
- Prepares reporting and financial analysis.
- Keep current with job knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work extended hours to fulfill responsibilities, when required.
Four year degree in accounting and finance and law firm experience are required. 3+ years accounting/finance/payroll experience.