- Contract Position 5 days per week, from 8: 30-5: 30
- Great attitude
- Works well in a team environment
- Dependable and reliable
- Very punctual, always arrive on time
- Pleasant and diligent
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process the shipment of mostly perishable materials; verify the total cost of assigned purchases against purchase orders for accuracy; maintain a strict call-up system to ensure timely action on procurements; record progress of shipments in the procurement system; review vendor acknowledgements for acceptance of all terms and conditions; bring exceptions to the attention of the responsible officer.
- Examine and transmit the status of shipment notices to consignees and other parties; maintain separate freight forwarder files; authorize forwarders to effect shipments by air or sea, as well as consolidated shipments; verify with forwarders and/or suppliers whether consignments are being sent in completed or partial shipments; trace lost or delayed shipments to ensure proof of deliveries are received in support of invoices.
- Ensure that information provided in the original invoice of the supplier matches the purchase order and the receiving report.
- Initiate requests for insurance claims on lost or damaged goods; coordinate the replacement or repair of goods with freight forwarders and/or suppliers; initiate requests for export licenses when necessary.
- Reconcile statements from freight forwarders and suppliers by obtaining information from the financial system and procurement system to verify the status of payments effected by FinancialResources Management (FRM).
- Review assigned procurement control files to determine that all actions have been taken to close out completed files; prepare the dispatch of closed files of purchase orders to Archives based on standard procedures.
- Manage requests to and from Country Offices and Centers using standardized templates; assist in the process of shipping notification, arrivals and payment authorizations.
- Inform the destination country, the Country Office or Center based on shipping details from suppliers (documents and estimated date of shipping, routing, and arrival at destination).
- Assist with the established information system to register follow ups and actions taken
- Request and process receipts of arrival of goods by the consignee.
- Work as a team member to perform other duties as assigned or to assist in the absence of other staff.
- Ability to integrate and apply procurement operational guidelines.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and carry out administrative processes such as: budget and expenditures records, processing of supplies and equipment, preparation of reports, etc.
- Ability to apply skills in planning, organizing, problem-solving of office management processes.
- Ability to research, analyze and organize information in order to prepare charts, graphics, reports, etc.
- Ability to prepare working translations and write/originate routine and non-routine correspondence and reports in English and Spanish.