Procurement Systems Specialist
- Starting out a Contract position 5 day per week, Monday-Friday from 8: 30-5: 30
- Great attitude
- Works well in a team environment
- Dependable and reliable
- Very punctual, always arrive on time
- Pleasant and diligent
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with a working knowledge of the other language.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Under the general supervision of the Director, Procurement and Supply Management (PRO), and the direct supervision of Procurement Systems Specialist (PRO), the incumbent is responsible for, but not limited to, the following assigned duties:
- Monitor, respond and provide feedback related to on-going systems related activities; identify issues and coordinate solutions, including.
- Communicate with the Organization' s procurement systems provider, ITS and with consultants, etc., regarding the analysis and modifications to all systems under use, including interfaces and other joint systems; provide information/analysis to ITS or any other relevant team, for any issues affecting the Procurement and Supply Management Department (PRO).
- Review all procurement-related systems modifications requested; analyze and research system requirements; provide input to clarify procurement policies, as they apply to the systems; participate in discussions with PRO personnel and take the actions necessary to provide complementary information for the proper programming of system modifications.
- Monitor to ensure the satisfactory and timely completion of tasks assigned to internal or external responsible parties; resolve performance issues with ITS and other relevant partners.
- Receive and evaluate proposals from users, both from Country Offices and/or Technical/Admin Units in HQ, for system enhancement changes; provide recommendations to immediate Supervisor and PRO Department Director on the feasibility and cost effectiveness of such enhancements.
- Provide support to test all ERP program enhancements received from ITS and Workday to validate their acceptance before they are provided to PRO Director for clearance; provide input on tested programs for use in production; monitor the successful transfer of the new programs to the production environment; assist in ensuring that the acceptance testing by the appropriate units is completed and well documented.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for review sessions with ITS on the progress of work with regards to the Organization' s key procurement-related systems; provide reports on these sessions to relevant staff as appropriate.
- Assist in the analysis of business practices and procedures, as requested; identify and recommend changes, in coordination with ITS, PRO staff or other working groups, to business practices or systems that will result in increased efficiency and accuracy of processing data and streamline processes; prepare detailed analysis reports and metrics data.
- Provide first-line support to PRO teams on day to day systems related issues and all the specific line of the annual and biennial closure in coordination with the appropriate entities; ensure that these programs work correctly in accordance with established policies/requirements; test and review the programs as often as required to ensure that modifications placed into existing system throughout the year have not impacted the day-to-day work.
- Research problems thoroughly; identify the range of probable causes and suggest and test solutions.
- Assist in the design and provide training courses in procurement-system procedures and functionality; materials and conduct training, either in small groups or individually for users in HQ or Country Offices/Centers.
- Provide support and provide back up support when needed.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Analysis, Synthesis and Forecasting – (L02): Objectively analyzes situations and, based on evidence and knowledge, suggests actions to improve implementation. Bases one' s actions on available information,
applies knowledge acquired from experience. Prioritizes the information according to one' s needs or the Organization' s. Can anticipate the implications of analyzed situations between one to six months ahead
Teamwork – (L02): Encourages team members, adds significant contribution when participating in internal and external work teams, and leads through personal example the virtues of team success-collaboration, trust, transparency and joint responsibilities. Builds and maintains mutually beneficial productive interpersonal relations based on trust, inside and outside the Organization. Keeps every team member informed as well as shares relevant and useful information.
Information Management - (L03): Takes initiative to improve systems for the presentation and dissemination of information. Supports, through competent use of the available systems and technologies, the development of data presentations.
Accountability - (L03): Identifies, in conjunction with management, specific activities, processes jobs that require defined accountability, linking them to accountability strategies and objectives. Revises periodically progress made in the established work plan with his/her supervisor. Constantly reaches their objectives.
Service Orientation – L03: Corrects the client' s problems promptly and without confrontation. Is helpful when client (internal or external clients) is going through a critical period.
Technical Expertise • Excellent knowledge of standard procurement information systems. • Proven ability to apply procurement theory and principles to information systems to ensure the correct application of the theory and principles. • Excellent knowledge and skills working with databases (e.G. Access, SQL, desktop, project manager, etc.) and other software to design front-end tools (Excel, Access, SharePoint, Tableau, Power BI, etc.). • Thorough understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, as well as procurement, and other administrative business processes. • Ability to establish training programs and prepare training materials. • Strong professional oral and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents for consideration at the highest levels of the Organization.
- Essential: Five years of work experience in administrative, procurement or financial systems in the private or public sector.
- Desirable: Experience in managing an e-Tendering system, Help-Desk support and working in an ERP environment (e.G. Workday) would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, MS Project, and Visio.
- Other IT skills and knowledge of automated systems and computers particularly with regards to administrative operations (procurement, finance) and other software programs such as SQL Reporting Services, Monarch, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Project would be an asset.