Procurement Assistant II
Washington, DC | Right to Hire
- Full-Time Contract Position
- Five Days Per Week Monday through Friday
Languages Very good knowledge of English and Spanish.
Education (Qualifications) High school diploma with formal training in the commercial or administrative field.
- 3-5 years experience as a Procurement Assistant
- Team Player
- IT Skills Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio, Microsoft
- Five years of experience in administrative work related to procurement or three years of administrative work related to procurement, and one year of college or university level courses towards a declared major/minor in the area of business administration/procurement/finance.
- Responsibilities and Duties:
- : Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist (PRO/SF), and the general supervision of the Procurement Specialist, Strategic Fund Management (PRO/SF), the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to the following assigned duties:
a) Examine and analyze adequacy of information on purchase authorizations coming from the HQ, Country offices and Centers (proper obligating authority, specifications, scope of work, quantities, method and time of delivery, funding) by applying procurement rules and regulations:
b) Clarify information and specifications as necessary with requisitioners; determine if procurement will be selective or competitively negotiated; determine potential sources of supply, research technical data and price information on the Internet or other sources.
c) Draft requests for quotations or invitation to bid using established templates and assist in preparation of complex annual international solicitations when requested.
d) Assist in analyzing offers for price reasonableness, adequacy of material offered and acceptability of the terms and conditions of the solicitation, including delivery date and shipping requirements.
e) Organize and transmit documentation to requestors related to offers, evaluation criteria, and correspondence with bidders.
f) Draft Contract Review Committee justifications when appropriate.
g) Maintain databases and processes procurement actions in appropriate computerized Project Management Information System (PMIS).
h) Organize and maintain vendor files, catalogs, technical literature and price information for ready access; assist with the established call-up system to follow up on procurement orders being held up due to inadequate funding, poor specifications, clarifying price quotes, pricing confirmation and the availability of goods.
i) Prepare routine correspondence and relevant administrative matters for the office.
j) Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Technical Expertise. Word processing according with established standards. Ability to integrate procurement operational guidelines. Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and carry out administrative processes such as: meetings, budget and expenditures records, acquisition of supplies and equipment, preparation of reports, etc. Ability to apply skills in planning, organizing, problem-solving of office management processes. Ability to research, analyze and organize information in order to prepare charts, graphics, reports, etc. Ability to prepare working translations, and write/originate routine and non routine correspondence and reports in English and Spanish