Washington, DC | Direct Placement
- Working hours 5 days per week, Monday-Friday from 9: 30-6: 00pm
Compiles, manages, and executes attorney billing. Will also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters. Will also assist office manager with support operations by maintaining budgets, facilities, records, equipment, building services and special projects .
Essential Job Functions:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills
- Apply retainer funds
- Process write-offs
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.E., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, etc.)
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with office administrator, attorneys, paralegals, and clients
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as require
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
- Create new billing formats as needed
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required
- Create final client billing
- Create and distribute monthly reports
- Communicate as necessary with clients regarding delinquent invoices
- Performs internal conflict checks
- Maintains Firm billing policies
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (PC Law, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities
- Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times
- Assists with special billing projects as needed
- Perform general clerical functions to assist office administrator; scheduling, copying, data entry, filing, for the purposes of supporting office operations
- Process for office administrator documents and materials for purposes of disseminating information in compliance with established procedures and laws
- Performs other related duties as assigned by office administrator for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Firm
Education, Experience and Skills:
- College level accounting classes or Accounting Degree or 5 or more years hands-on billing AND accounting type experience in a law firm
- Accounting software experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize A MUST!
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently Ability to show strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude!
- Attention to detail IS HUGE!
- Initiative and ability to think outside the box
- Communication is key for this position as they work very closely with me (I oversee the billing department) and a daily task list is a must. All items that leave the billing department should be ran through me as the position has a large learning curve
- Team player mentality
- Must exhibit a pleasant and welcoming demeanor both in person and on the telephone
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative and complete project assignments independently and on-time