Bi-Lingual Customer Service Specialists
Washington, DC | Right to Hire
- Prefer prior call center or customer service experience
- Ideally seeking background/ education in social work or gerontology
- positions will be full-time position (hours: 11: 30am to 8: 00pm
- The Specialists will be part of a state-of-the-art, person-centered call center designed to assist older adults, baby boomers, caregivers, professionals, and the general public nationwide.
- The Specialists will provide information on, and connections to, national and local resources for older adults and their caregivers.
- The Specialists will also follow up on voice messages, track data, and assist with other administrative issues involved in maintaining customer support and database updating.
The ideal Customer Service Information Specialist:
- Answers telephone calls for the Eldercare Locator.
- Maintains professional and courteous phone manner at all times, appropriate for older population of callers.
- Listens carefully to callers' needs, utilizing empathetic listening skills.
- Uses excellent customer service skills and follows established protocols to provide callers with appropriate information.
- Prepares callers with information for transfer to agencies, as appropriate.
- Transfers callers to appropriate resources, whether internal or external.
- Stays updated on, and maintains proficiency on, resources for older adults and caregivers.
- Complies with Information Specialist protocols and performance standards.
- Takes/tracks requests for brochures and follows up for mailing.
- Transcribes calls from voicemail and does callbacks.
- Maintains familiarity with information updates and any procedural changes.
- Assists with tracking and entering of information for reports, as needed.