Washington, DC | Contract
- Starting out as a 3 month contract position 5 days per week, from 8: 30-5: 30 Monday-Friday
- Position has potential of becoming a permanent position as a Full-Time role, for the right person
- Great attitude
- Works well in a team environment
- Dependable and reliable
- Very punctual, always arrive on time
- Pleasant and diligent
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Type drafts, reports, articles, forms, and a variety of correspondence in English and Spanish using standard office computer software; draft, edit and review text for accuracy, correct spelling, and orderly presentation.
- Prepare correspondence on own initiative or from verbal or written instructions and finalize it for signature; prepare draft translations of correspondence and other documents; format and prepare in final form a variety of documents in English and Spanish; review, proofread and recommend revisions to correspondence and other material for the clearance/signature of the corresponding Advisor, ensuring clarity, accuracy in content, according to the Organization' s standards and policies.
- Assist in the coordination, preparation and development of internal and external technical meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops and studies, including: the preparation of agendas, compilation and assembly of background information for documents, publications, and final reports; coordinate logistical arrangements ensuring compliance with staff and participants' travel procedures and practices; provide secretarial/support functions as required; prepare letters of agreement, contracts, collective travel authorizations, letters of invitation, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of technical presentations, technical reports and articles by reviewing, correcting and/or rewriting texts to improve clarity, conciseness and coherence.
- Perform support functions, including but not limited to: placing and answering telephone calls; receiving visitors; arranging appointments and keeping a calendar of these appointments; locating background material and files; compiling data for the preparation of correspondence and/or reports; assembling correspondence for mailing; etc.
- Maintain an organized and updated filing system for correspondence, documents, publications, reference materials, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for staff at Headquarters, as well as country office staff, consultants, and temporary advisors, including preparation of travel authorizations, travel reservations, checking visa requirements and other travel related requirements.
- Provide administrative support related to updating the planning system for the Biennial Work Plan (BWP), including updating activities and tasks, tracking of achievements of milestones; request obligations, etc.
- The candidate should be bilingual (ENG/SPA), with at least 4 years of work experience, and ideally experience in correspondence.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.