Administrative Assistant II
- Contract position, Monday-Friday from 8: 30-5: 30
- Great attitude
- Works well in a team environment
- Dependable and reliable
- Very punctual, always arrive on time
- Pleasant and diligent
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform administrative support functions, including but not limited to maintaining the Unit Chief' s agenda, place and answer telephone calls, handle those of routine nature or forward the call to the corresponding officer(s), receive visitors; maintain the calendar of appointments and deadlines; prepare routine correspondence in English and Spanish; draft articles, reports, technical documents, charts, and a variety of correspondence involving the use of technical terminology; prepare agendas and other material for use on official trips or special meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of technical presentations, technical reports and articles by reviewing, correcting and/or rewriting texts to improve clarity, conciseness and, coherence; prepare and verify the content of tables, graphs, and charts; follow-up on the submission of reports and correspondence in order to meet established deadlines.
- Serve as liaison regarding logistical and operational processes and activities, as well as with other offices throughout the Organization; communicate procedures to be followed for meetings of Governing Bodies, Advisory Committees, etc.
- Prepare correspondence on own initiative or from verbal instructions for signature; prepare draft translations of correspondence and other materials from English into Spanish and vice versa.
- Review all outgoing correspondence requiring the official signature; proofread for style, punctuation, grammar, spelling and adherence to the Organization' s standards and policies; recommend revisions to correspondence and other documents to ensure that they are clear and accurate in content.
- Assist in the coordination, preparation and implementation of internal and external meetings, conferences, seminars, or other events; prepare correspondence and documentation as needed; initiate documents for recruitment of temporary staff and contingent workers; assist with travel arrangements.
- Establish and maintain physical and electronic files and controlled reference material; conduct research of files, reports, and other sources to obtain material requested and, when necessary, compiling summaries.
- Organize travel plans and make necessary arrangements, including obtaining concurrences, airline tickets, required visas, hotel reservations, travel authorizations; prepare and assemble background materials required for duty travel.
- Monitor the status of personnel actions required and follow up on staff reassignments and hiring of temporary staff, as needed; assist in the administrative process for the recruitment and selection of staff in the Unit.
- Initiate documentation for the appointment and recruitment of professional and general service staff, consultants, short-term professionals, contractors, and carry out the necessary steps in PMIS to successfully complete HR actions.
- Perform other related duties; including backstopping for other FGL team members, as assigned.